Tuesday, May 12, 2009

artist of the week! LES RITA MITSOUKO

my friend bárbara turned me on to this band YEARS ago. bárbara grew up and lived in france for many years in between chile, spain and the US. so she has exclusive knowledge of many european acts that i might have missed out on by living in the good ol' USA. LES RITA MITSOUKO is for sure a huge influence for me, especially in my previous band.
yesterday i took a walk on the beach to watch the sunset and surprisingly heard LRM on my ipod after the album i was originally listening to finished. OH RITA! I HAD NOT HEARD YOU IN SO LONG! Vraiment unique!
this is LRM recording my favorite song "C'est Comme Ca" from the Jean-Luc Godard 1987 feature film Soigne ta droite




here's the full song at a live concert a few years ago! it just makes me want to get up and shake it all out! hope it makes you feel like singing along and dancing too!




a legit music video of their first hit!

ok that's it for this post, i'm obsessed with LES RITA MITSOUKO again...AU REVOIR!

No comments: