Tuesday, June 2, 2009

artist of the week! EXENE CERVENKA!

Exene Cervenka, from X, is more than the artist of the week, she's the survivor of the week.
LA Record just came out with the news that Exene has been diagnosed with MS.
Click here to read her brief statement on her diagnosis. She has the perfect attitude...staying positive. Let's support Sweet Relief, an organization that helps musicians attain healthcare. I mean, think about it...bars, clubs, and concert halls are not knocking down any musicians door to provide health insurance coverage.
This is one of my favorite X songs:

On Letterman playing live and an interview!:

Not only do I have a signed, framed limited edition poster of Exene on my wall, but she's been an influence to me and so many other female singers, especially us that reside in Los Angeles and looked up to the LA punk rock movement.
VIVA EXENE!

No comments: